By Dr. Jessie Mercay
posted by Ganesh
In Mayan’s deep, spiritual and scientific treatise called the Aintiram, the profound underpinnings of Vastu Science are articulated.
Aintiram is a multidimensional treatise on Energy and Matter, Space and Time, Order and Beauty. Absolute time creates life said Mayan in his Aintiram. He added that “Mathematics has its roots in the Time unit and Architecture is the zenith achievement of mathematics.” Aindiram is an embodiment of the subtle and penetrating theories of five aspects (Ain-Tiram) namely, Moolam (Prime Existence), Kaalam (Time), Seelam (Rhythm), Kolam (Form) and Gnalam (Earth). Mayan views the entire cosmic phenomenon in terms of these five aspects.
The following is a summary of some of the principles put forth by Mayan in the Aintiram:
1. Nothing is created – it is manifested from the One Source.
2. The Originating Source is sometimes called Moolam, Brahmam (Quantum Field)
3. It constantly creates (manifests) so that it may forever savor and enjoy its own Ultimate Beauty. That is, the Originating Source found itself to be so beautiful and perfect, and in love with that beauty and perfection that it manifested itself in different material forms in order to experience and savor that beauty eternally.
4. This Originating Source or spiritual center is Moolam (meaning source), Maiyyam (meaning center) and Pulli meaning point) – the central source point of consciousness – pure energy.
5. All objects of nature are unified entities (forms)of energy and matter.
6. The free space is the unified field of energy and matter and source of all forms that we see in material world.
7. There are two OMs: OM Light and OM Sound, the former is the source of all visible objects and the latter, the source of all aural forms.
8. All material forms of the universe are musical forms or have taken shape on musical rhythm or musical scale.
9. Time creates, sustains, and destroys all, so created.
10. The primal manifest form of the unmanifest is square (primal wave pattern).
11. The primal square pattern is designated as the diagram of embodied energy – Vaastu Purusha mandala.
12. The free space is packed with cubical atoms of energy. They are building blocks of the structure of the universe.
13. The cube is micro-abode called Sittravai/Chittrambalam (mini hall in Tamil).
14. Within the hall there is a vertical luminous shaft called Brahma Sutra (Oli nool).
15. This Olinool/Brahma Sutra is a shaft of consciousness also called Moolathoon/Moolasthambham.
16. This shaft of consciousness vibrates in a particular order called rhythm. This is the order of nature.
17. This rhythmic vibration of the shaft of consciousness is the dance of Shiva, the Space.
18. The micro space, in the cubical shape is foetus, Garbha or Bindu. This is known as Vinkaru in Tamil.
19. This micro abode is the repository of light and sound.
20. The free space is Light and the Light is Moolam or source of the universe and universal forms. Light is Brahman, Atman, Vastu Brahman – Nun porul in Tamil.
21. The embodied energy is Vaastu Brahman/Vaastu Purushan. The space enclosed in a building is Prasada Purushan – energized building –Building is a living organism, built of musical units of measure.
22. Architecture is the supreme achievement of mathematics.
23. Mathematics is rooted in the dynamism of Absolute Time.
24. Time is the vibration of Space.
25. Time and Space are equal.
26. Time is one of the subtle elements of Space (akasa).
27. Time is the causal element of all objects of the Universe.
28. The microcosmic structure is in total identity with macrocosmic structure.
29. The supreme space is throbbing every moment to express itself out.
30. Through the power of inner consciousness, the knower of Vastu should know about light aspects and sound aspects of OM pertaining to both inner and outer space.
31. Those who do not realize the creative dynamism of inner space cannot know the dynamism of outer space (195,831).
These thirty-one principles form part of the foundation of the sciences called building architecture of Sthapatya Veda, Vaastu Shastra and Traditional Indian Architecture. These are commonly called Vastu or Vaastu. While these ideas may seem unfamiliar or perhaps abstract, their meaning and significance becomes clear as one delves more deeply into the science of Vastureva Vaastu- energy becoming matter through the manifestation process which we will go through in next weekend.
Fabric of The Universe: The Origins, Implications, and Applications of Vastu Science By Jessie J. Mercay. Text and diagrams, with permission, from Dr. Jessie Mercay, Fabric of the Universe, aumscience.com/wordpress. For any questions please visit http://www.aumscience.com.