Now let’s see what is the use of knowing this rhythm?
When one is diseased then we can notice that this breathing pattern has out of rhythm. Typically the lunar breath would be active during times of illness.
Some yoga schools also recommend some of the following practices for health and wealth…
- Wake up at 4 am in the morning and for 2 hours ensure that the breath is on the right nostril as per the chart. Remember in our earlier article we saw how to switch the breath from one nostril to another.
- On every full moon (Pournami) – this is when the new month breaks as per Indian calendar continuously for 48 or 72 hours ensure that your breath is solar and never lunar. They teach us some ways to maintain this too. This helps us to live longer and wealthier.
- On specific days of the year like 1st of the Aadi (Mid July – Mid August) month, ensure that the entire day your breath is solar and never lunar.
Now we are not going to deep dive on them, but only see a high level view of some of the techniques and tools we still have and can be learnt from the right gurus.
Ensure that your breath is solar for any worldly activity. Even if you are walking you can switch to a solar breath just by holding something like an umbrella or a news paper under your left armpit. These are just few basics listed here to invoke your interest into self learning and you should approach an expert and take guidance before you practice.
But the important points note here are…
- Breath management is one of the fundamental concepts which we should be aware of.
- Our traditional way of life is very rich and offers secrets about us and the nature around us, let us be passionate to learn about them and be rational in accepting them.
- Every being – living or non-living confirms to a rhythm and order. Let’s always be conscious to learn and understand this rhythm and order.
Know thy Nature by Raguram Gopalan, http://ragsgopalan.blogspot.com