By Dr. Jessie Mercay
posted by Ganesh
This question is a very important question and loaded with implication. My Shilpi Guru and I discourage many of the practices done by modern pseudo Vaastu consultants. Vaastu is pretty much an all or nothing proposition. It’s value and qualities are based primarily on just a few points without any of which you don’t have positive Vaastu effects.
These are the conditions necessary for good Vaastu:
- A good site that emanates with positive Vaastu dynamics (A certified consultant from AUM S&T is trained to identify a good site as well as to execute all of the Vaastu compliant technology).
- Orientation of building with earth grid to be in alignment with Vaastu energy grid so that the built space can capture the Vaastu energy of the earth and Cosmic Space straight on. If the building is more than a few degrees off true north, there is nothing that can be done to help the house and its inmates (Dr. V. Ganapati Sthapati, Building Architecture of Sthapatya Veda).
- The proper mathematics (house perimeter) that provides energetic qualities of Vaastu that is helpful for humanity.
- An open Brahmasthan to allow the Vaastu energy to flow in smoothly from the ground (Vaastu Brahman) and from Consciousness (Cosmic Space – not outer space, Vastu Brahmam or Quantum Field) directly above the building.
- Placement of rooms and their living functions in accordance with the qualities of the distributed energy flowing through the Brahmasthan from the earth and Cosmic Space.
- Elevational properties, wall placements, bathroom, stairs, etc., and other aspects properly executed.
- Slope of land, placement of utilities, water bodies, trees, etc.
- A design or house plan that is beautiful, functional, and spiritually uplifting.
- Careful and proper execution of the building plan to 1/16th of an inch.
Then of course, there are the many Vaastu building codes that enrich and maintain Vaastu compliance. Above all, the first five must be present.
- Without proper orientation on the earth grid, you have no smooth flow of Vaastu energy into the enclosed space – the energy is distorted.
- Without the proper mathematics you have faulty energy being produced by the built space.
Without these, you have nothing but distorted energy being produced.
- If the Brahmasthan (center of the house) is covered or has walls going through it, the energy is suppressed. (No fountains, tables, plants, pillars, posts, or anything else in the Brahmasthan – they suppress the Vaastu energy coming up from the earth.)
These points are directly referenced in the Vaastu Shastras. The Vaastu Shastras and Agamas are the only authority on Vaastu. There is not one single reference in Vaastu Shastras or Agamas that suggests ways to “fix” a non – Vaastu compliant house. The concept of “fixing” a non – Vaastu house is completely made up by individuals who have never read the Vaastu Shastras or Agamas and have not studied at length with the only people living who understand Vaastu Shastras – Sthapatis and Shilpis.
It is almost impossible to find existing built space with these basic qualities present. If any one is missing (especially 2,3,4) then you really don’t have a Vaastu house. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear. It is the mathematics of the main wall that determines the quality of the energy in built space. Then the orientation on the earth grid and open house center that activate the energy. So in this respect, a building is Vaastu or not. (This is not to say you can have these three and ignore all of the other building codes – you can’t – you want to optimize the flow of energy in the structure).
No manner of chimes, yantras, crystals etc., is going to correct the fundamental existing energy of the house. What I mean is that none of these so – called correction devices change the orientation or mathematics of the house. Without proper orientation and mathematics (perimeter of the house) the energy produced by the house will be improper.
Fabric of The Universe: The Origins, Implications, and Applications of Vastu Science By Jessie J. Mercay. Text and diagrams, with permission, from Dr. Jessie Mercay, Fabric of the Universe, aumscience.com/wordpress. For any questions please visit http://www.aumscience.com.